'Eating Freely’ 12 Week Program for
Emotional Eating and Binge Eating In Wexford
Scroll down to meet your local Therapists in Wexford Town, Killurin and Enniscorthy.
HOW DOES THE EATING FREELY PROGRAM WORK?
Eating Freely is a structured, time limited program with all the support you need to help you get on track, and STAY on track – physically, mentally and emotionally.
Once you have been linked with your Therapist in Wexford to work with, you will attend your first four sessions WEEKLY.
After each session you attend, you will receive an email containing a video which will remind you of the theme of your session, and a downloadable version of whatever exercise or tool your Therapist gave you that week.
Between weeks 2 and 3, you will also have a 90 minute consultation with an Eating Freely Nutritional Therapist - either in person or online. This comprehensive session will give you both guidance on rehabilitating your gut (because all our clients' guts need a bit of help to get back on track!), AND put together your nutritionally dense, personalised Eating Plan for Life - which will take into consideration any other health issues you may have from IBS or leaky gut, to fibromyalgia or an underactive thyroid, and anything else that needs to be addressed.
After four weekly sessions with your Eating Freely Therapist, you will move to fortnightly sessions, giving you more time between sessions to put your learning into practice.
You’ll also have access to our Private Members Forum and Closed Facebook Group for additional support from other program participants, and Eating Freely Therapists to answer questions, give feedback etc.
YOUR 'NO MORE DIETS' RESOLUTION THAT YOU CAN MAKE ANY TIME IN 2019!
What a gift to give yourself this year, the gift of true FREEDOM around food, FOREVER!
The problem has never been that you just cannot stick to a diet, or you just haven't found the right diet, the problem IS dieting.
Dieting sets you up for a 'deprivation' mindset, the feeling of 'I can't have...' or even 'I don't deserve...';
Dieting tells you every single hour of every day that you are "not good enough" the way you are;
Dieting reduces your entire self-worth to a number - on a scale, or a label;
Dieting TRIGGERS bingeing and overeating. FACT.
Dieting never works long term. If it did, you wouldn't have to keep going on a diet!
WHAT WILL THE PROGRAM COVER?
"Eating Freely" is a combination of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Nutritional Rehabilitation, Neuroscience and Mindfulness, interwoven over the course of your program to give you a great toolbox of resources you can begin using straight away, and continue to build on after you finish working with your Therapist.
- CBT Tools and Resources give you concrete, usable tools that help you significantly reduce bingeing, emotional eating and overeating episodes - straight away;
- Nutritional Rehabilitation – When your gut has been abused the way our clients’ guts have been abused, it contributes HUGELY to the ‘brain fog’, lack of motivation, low mood and completely skewed hunger/not hungry cues. Your individual 90 minute consultation with an Eating Freely Nutritional Therapist is a critical component of the program as it will significantly support your better physical and mental health;
- Neuroscience education will teach you how your brain works, why it can be your worst enemy when trying to change or break bad, unhealthy and unhelpful habits, and how you CAN break free of both your old behaviours, AND dial down that negative, critical voice in your head;
- Mindfulness & Self-compassion brings you back into the present moment, where you can choose to behave differently, challenge your unhelpful thoughts, learn how to calm yourself and reduce anxiety - which in turn reduces your episodes of emotional eating and binge eating. Self-compassion is also key - our clients are very hard on themselves, and that inner critical voice does NOT motivate you to change, in fact it usually triggers you to eat! So learning how to replace that critical voice with kindness and compassion is very much part of the work we do. When you treat yourself better, you are more likely to EAT better - FACT.
'Eating Freely' truly is a unique opportunity to finally break free from the cycle of restricted/diet led eating, and bingeing/overeating, and FINALLY learn how to eat well, with no deprivation, in a way that truly supports health, wellbeing AND weight loss in a very healthy, SUSTAINABLE way.
WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT?
1. You choose to make a commitment to yourself that this year is the year you finally 'do the work' and break free from binge eating, emotional eating and 'Serial Dieting' FOREVER. You commit to investing the time and personal energy into that work - looking at yourself and what is not working, challenging your habits and 'autopilots', and re-learning how to eat properly, nutritiously and without deprivation.
2. You book your free online consultation with Emma Murphy, Eating Freely Clinical Director, to find out more, ask your questions and ensure that Eating Freely is the correct choice for you.
3. The fee for our program which includes all therapy sessions, two nutritional therapy sessions, your online program and resources and 24/7 support through the Secret Facebook Group for participants - personally moderated by Emma Murphy, Founder & Clinical Director of Eating Freely - is three monthly instalments of €499. You can expect to be working with your Eating Freely Therapist for about 18 - 20 weeks in total.
If this causes your body to contract with 'fear'.... ask yourself this:
How much have I spent over the years on diets, personal trainers, gym memberships, food plans, weight loss plans, supplements etc... with NO permanent success?
How many of the above 'solutions' focused only on 'dieting', with NO emotional or real psychological support?
If you have tried counselling before, how experienced were they in disordered eating, did they help you address your bingeing and emotional eating, or did they just focus on the 'presenting issue' - leaving you stuck in your unhelpful behaviours around food?
Eating Freely is different. Offered ONLY by qualified, experienced Counsellors and Psychotherapists, and endorsed by both the IACP and *Health Insurers, we work alongside you to disentangle food from your feelings, and the present from the past, leaving you FREE to get on with your life. Eating Freely will give you back control. Control of your feelings, control around food, and far more control of that currently unhelpful, unruly Inner Critic of yours!
*Both LAYA Healthcare and Irish Life Health (certain eligible policies) will rebate part of the fee for this program.
Your local Eating-Freely Therapists
Sue Boad, Killurin & Wexford Town
Hi my name is Sue Boad, and I am delighted you are considering the Eating Freely program!
I came to Eating Freely through working with clients with anxiety and low self esteem, and noticing how often these feelings are connected to body image and emotional eating. What I wasn’t expecting from completing the 'Eating Freely' training was how much my own relationship with food would change for the better!
This made me realize how powerful this program is and how it can help to uncover the unnoticed and unmet needs you are attempting to satisfy with food. We've all heard the ‘Eat less and move more’ philosophy, but we both know there is so much more to your eating, weight and body image than just that.
Your self-worth is so much more than the number on the scales, or on the label in your clothes. I will be your compassionate supporter, helping you to learn new skills and creating a sacred space just for you to explore your relationship with food. I know you can gain the confidence to leave the dieting world behind and move towards a healthier, happier life.
I work from two locations. The first is a private, rural setting in Killurin with free parking right outside the door. It is approximately 10 minutes from Wexford town, 15 minutes from Enniscorthy and 25 minutes from New Ross. The second location is in the Faythe, in Wexford town with free parking in the Londis car park.
Annette Wall, Knockmarshall,
I live and work in Enniscorthy. I work with clients experiencing difficulties in bereavement and grief, relationships, anxiety, depression.
I am delighted to have completed the Eating Freely course. It has proven very successful in dealing with clients with weight, food and emotional eating difficulties.
I am interested I working with people who experience issues with food and weight. I too have struggled with yo-yo dieting in the past and I fervently believe that the Eating Freely Programme will benefit clients.
I also work with teenagers who struggle with body image and diet and I feel that the Eating Freely programme will help my clients to develop healthier choices and lifestyles.
I look forward to working with Eating Freely in Enniscorthy.
Killurin & Wexford Town
Hi, my name is Joanne and I am an integrative and holistic psychotherapist. I work with compassion, imagination and a sense of humour while also bringing a practical mindset to our work. I was initially drawn to Eating Freely to work on my own relationship with food having finally looked back at my history and realising that dieting is a great way to gain weight! I wanted to try something different and step off the dieting rollercoaster.
The combination of practical skills and working with a therapist to explore your emotional eating triggers, your relationship with food and it’s impact on all aspects of your life is what makes Eating Freely so powerful and different to anything you’ve tried before.
Eating Freely has given me the freedom to stop viewing food as a ‘frenemy’ and to focus on what I really want – to feel healthy, happy and to start to actually truly enjoy the food I am eating. I would love to share with you all that I have learned in this programme and help you to rediscover what you truly want and what is going to get you there.
I work from two locations. The first is a private, rural setting in Killurin with free parking right outside the door. It is approximately 10 minutes from Wexford town, 15 minutes from Enniscorthy and 25 minutes from New Ross. The second location is in the Faythe, in Wexford town with free parking in the Londis car park and town bus stops nearby.
To book your free 30 minute online consultation with Eating Freely Clinical Director Emma Murphy, please use the button below. We like to ensure that our program IS the right solution for you, and you can ask any questions you have. Then Emma will enroll you on the programme with your chosen Therapist in Wexford.