'Eating Freely’ 12 Week Program for
Emotional Eating and Binge Eating In Kilkenny
HOW DOES THE EATING FREELY PROGRAM WORK?
Eating Freely is a structured, time limited program with all the support you need to help you get on track, and STAY on track – physically, mentally and emotionally.
Once you have been linked with your Therapist in Kilkenny to work with, you will attend your first four sessions WEEKLY.
After each session you attend, you will receive an email containing a video which will remind you of the theme of your session, and a downloadable version of whatever exercise or tool your Therapist gave you that week.
Between weeks 2 and 3, you will also have a 90 minute consultation with an Eating Freely Nutritional Therapist - either in person or online. This comprehensive session will give you both guidance on rehabilitating your gut (because all our clients' guts need a bit of help to get back on track!), AND put together your nutritionally dense, personalised Eating Plan for Life - which will take into consideration any other health issues you may have from IBS or leaky gut, to fibromyalgia or an underactive thyroid, and anything else that needs to be addressed.
After four weekly sessions with your Eating Freely Therapist, you will move to fortnightly sessions, giving you more time between sessions to put your learning into practice.
You’ll also have access to our Private Members Forum and Closed Facebook Group for additional support from other program participants, and Eating Freely Therapists to answer questions, give feedback etc.
What a gift to give yourself this year, the gift of true FREEDOM around food, FOREVER!
The problem has never been that you just cannot stick to a diet, or you just haven't found the right diet, the problem IS dieting.
Dieting sets you up for a 'deprivation' mindset, the feeling of 'I can't have...' or even 'I don't deserve...';
Dieting tells you every single hour of every day that you are "not good enough" the way you are;
Dieting reduces your entire self-worth to a number - on a scale, or a label;
Dieting TRIGGERS bingeing and overeating. FACT.
Dieting never works long term. If it did, you wouldn't have to keep going on a diet!
WHAT WILL THE PROGRAM COVER?
"Eating Freely" is a combination of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Nutritional Rehabilitation, Neuroscience and Mindfulness, interwoven over the course of your program to give you a great toolbox of resources you can begin using straight away, and continue to build on after you finish working with your Therapist.
- CBT Tools and Resources give you concrete, usable tools that help you significantly reduce bingeing, emotional eating and overeating episodes - straight away;
- Nutritional Rehabilitation – When your gut has been abused the way our clients’ guts have been abused, it contributes HUGELY to the ‘brain fog’, lack of motivation, low mood and completely skewed hunger/not hungry cues. Your individual 90 minute consultation with an Eating Freely Nutritional Therapist is a critical component of the program as it will significantly support your better physical and mental health;
- Neuroscience education will teach you how your brain works, why it can be your worst enemy when trying to change or break bad, unhealthy and unhelpful habits, and how you CAN break free of both your old behaviours, AND dial down that negative, critical voice in your head;
- Mindfulness & Self-compassion brings you back into the present moment, where you can choose to behave differently, challenge your unhelpful thoughts, learn how to calm yourself and reduce anxiety - which in turn reduces your episodes of emotional eating and binge eating. Self-compassion is also key - our clients are very hard on themselves, and that inner critical voice does NOT motivate you to change, in fact it usually triggers you to eat! So learning how to replace that critical voice with kindness and compassion is very much part of the work we do. When you treat yourself better, you are more likely to EAT better - FACT.
'Eating Freely' truly is a unique opportunity to finally break free from the cycle of restricted/diet led eating, and bingeing/overeating, and FINALLY learn how to eat well, with no deprivation, in a way that truly supports health, wellbeing AND weight loss in a very healthy, SUSTAINABLE way.
WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT?
1. You choose to make a commitment to yourself that this year is the year you finally 'do the work' and break free from binge eating, emotional eating and 'Serial Dieting' FOREVER. You commit to investing the time and personal energy into that work - looking at yourself and what is not working, challenging your habits and 'autopilots', and re-learning how to eat properly, nutritiously and without deprivation.
2. You book your free online consultation with Emma Murphy, Eating Freely Clinical Director, to find out more, ask your questions and ensure that Eating Freely is the correct choice for you.
3. The fee for our program which includes all therapy sessions, two nutritional therapy sessions, your online program and resources and 24/7 support through the Secret Facebook Group for participants - personally moderated by Emma Murphy, Founder & Clinical Director of Eating Freely - is three monthly instalments of €499. You can expect to be working with your Eating Freely Therapist for about 18 - 20 weeks in total.
If this causes your body to contract with 'fear'.... ask yourself this:
How much have I spent over the years on diets, personal trainers, gym memberships, food plans, weight loss plans, supplements etc... with NO permanent success?
How many of the above 'solutions' focused only on 'dieting', with NO emotional or real psychological support?
If you have tried counselling before, how experienced were they in disordered eating, did they help you address your bingeing and emotional eating, or did they just focus on the 'presenting issue' - leaving you stuck in your unhelpful behaviours around food?
Eating Freely is different. Offered ONLY by qualified, experienced Counsellors and Psychotherapists, and endorsed by both the IACP and *Health Insurers, we work alongside you to disentangle food from your feelings, and the present from the past, leaving you FREE to get on with your life. Eating Freely will give you back control. Control of your feelings, control around food, and far more control of that currently unhelpful, unruly Inner Critic of yours!
*Both LAYA Healthcare and Irish Life Health (certain eligible policies) will rebate part of the fee for this program.
Roisin Moriarty, Kilkenny
READ MY BIO
Hello, I’m Roisin Moriarty, a fully trained and accredited psychotherapist with over 10 years’ experience working with people to overcome problems, such as emotional eating, body image, low self-esteem, anxiety and addiction issues.
My passion is working with people with weight and body image issues, to help them develop a healthier relationship with food, breaking free of emotional eating, binge eating and bulimia. By incorporating practical tools, we can work to develop positive strategies for dealing with stressful and uncomfortable emotions, so you do not have to turn to food - which causes a whole other type of stress for you.
My role as an Eating Freely therapist is to help you to understand the core issues causing your emotional eating or binge eating, and to gain a greater insight into why it has continued despite your strong desire to stop.
If food is causing distress in your life or you are consumed with thoughts about weight and body image, then the Eating Freely program can support you. It offers a framework to help you overcome these concerns and develop and maintain a healthier relationship with food.
My aim is to create a safe, confidential space for clients to explore feelings and my approach is Person-Centred, with specialist training in CBT, Solution-Focused Therapy and Mindfulness. I work to empower people to overcome the obstacles and challenges that they may experience in their lives, developing self-compassion in order to move towards living a more meaningful life. I believe that a supportive and caring environment, free from judgement, is necessary for an individual to move forward and achieve their goals.