'Eating Freely’ 12 Week Program for
Emotional Eating and Binge Eating In Cork
HOW DOES THE EATING FREELY PROGRAM WORK?
Eating Freely is a structured, time limited program with all the support you need to help you get on track, and STAY on track – physically, mentally and emotionally.
Once you have been linked with your Therapist to work with, you will attend your first four sessions WEEKLY.
After each session you attend, you will receive an email containing a video which will remind you of the theme of your session, and a downloadable version of whatever exercise or tool your Therapist gave you that week.
Between weeks 2 and 3, you will also have a 90 minute consultation with an Eating Freely Nutritional Therapist - either in person or online. This comprehensive session will give you both guidance on rehabilitating your gut (because all our clients' guts need a bit of help to get back on track!), AND put together your nutritionally dense, personalised Eating Plan for Life - which will take into consideration any other health issues you may have from IBS or leaky gut, to fibromyalgia or an underactive thyroid, and anything else that needs to be addressed.
After four weekly sessions with your Eating Freely Therapist, you will move to fortnightly sessions, giving you more time between sessions to put your learning into practice.
You’ll also have access to our Private Members Forum and Closed Facebook Group for additional support from other program participants, and Eating Freely Therapists to answer questions, give feedback etc.
What a gift to give yourself this year, the gift of true FREEDOM around food, FOREVER!
The problem has never been that you just cannot stick to a diet, or you just haven't found the right diet, the problem IS dieting.
Dieting sets you up for a 'deprivation' mindset, the feeling of 'I can't have...' or even 'I don't deserve...';
Dieting tells you every single hour of every day that you are "not good enough" the way you are;
Dieting reduces your entire self-worth to a number - on a scale, or a label;
Dieting TRIGGERS bingeing and overeating. FACT.
Dieting never works long term. If it did, you wouldn't have to keep going on a diet!
WHAT WILL THE PROGRAM COVER?
"Eating Freely" is a combination of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy), Nutritional Rehabilitation, Neuroscience and Mindfulness, interwoven over the course of your program to give you a great toolbox of resources you can begin using straight away, and continue to build on after you finish working with your Therapist.
- CBT Tools and Resources give you concrete, usable tools that help you significantly reduce bingeing, emotional eating and overeating episodes - straight away;
- Nutritional Rehabilitation – When your gut has been abused the way our clients’ guts have been abused, it contributes HUGELY to the ‘brain fog’, lack of motivation, low mood and completely skewed hunger/not hungry cues. Your individual 90 minute consultation with an Eating Freely Nutritional Therapist is a critical component of the program as it will significantly support your better physical and mental health;
- Neuroscience education will teach you how your brain works, why it can be your worst enemy when trying to change or break bad, unhealthy and unhelpful habits, and how you CAN break free of both your old behaviours, AND dial down that negative, critical voice in your head;
- Mindfulness & Self-compassion brings you back into the present moment, where you can choose to behave differently, challenge your unhelpful thoughts, learn how to calm yourself and reduce anxiety - which in turn reduces your episodes of emotional eating and binge eating. Self-compassion is also key - our clients are very hard on themselves, and that inner critical voice does NOT motivate you to change, in fact it usually triggers you to eat! So learning how to replace that critical voice with kindness and compassion is very much part of the work we do. When you treat yourself better, you are more likely to EAT better - FACT.
'Eating Freely' truly is a unique opportunity to finally break free from the cycle of restricted/diet led eating, and bingeing/overeating, and FINALLY learn how to eat well, with no deprivation, in a way that truly supports health, wellbeing AND weight loss in a very healthy, SUSTAINABLE way.
Meet Melanie from Jo'Burg, who worked online with her Eating Freely Therapist and Linn, our Nutritional Therapist in Cork. Melanie has overcome a decades old dysfunctional relationship with food, and her feelings. Here is her story:
WHAT IS MY INVESTMENT?
1. You choose to make a commitment to yourself that this year is the year you finally 'do the work' and break free from binge eating, emotional eating and 'Serial Dieting' FOREVER. You commit to investing the time and personal energy into that work - looking at yourself and what is not working, challenging your habits and 'autopilots', and re-learning how to eat properly, nutritiously and without deprivation.
2. You book your free online consultation with Emma Murphy, Eating Freely Clinical Director, to find out more, ask your questions and ensure that Eating Freely is the correct choice for you.
3. The fee for our program which includes all therapy sessions, two nutritional therapy sessions, your online program and resources and 24/7 support through the Secret Facebook Group for participants - personally moderated by Emma Murphy, Founder & Clinical Director of Eating Freely - is three monthly instalments of €499. You can expect to be working with your Eating Freely Therapist for about 18 - 20 weeks in total.
If this causes your body to contract with 'fear'.... ask yourself this:
How much have I spent over the years on diets, personal trainers, gym memberships, food plans, weight loss plans, supplements etc... with NO permanent success?
How many of the above 'solutions' focused only on 'dieting', with NO emotional or real psychological support?
If you have tried counselling before, how experienced were they in disordered eating, did they help you address your bingeing and emotional eating, or did they just focus on the 'presenting issue' - leaving you stuck in your unhelpful behaviours around food?
Eating Freely is different. Offered ONLY by qualified, experienced Counsellors and Psychotherapists, and endorsed by both the IACP and *Health Insurers, we work alongside you to disentangle food from your feelings, and the present from the past, leaving you FREE to get on with your life. Eating Freely will give you back control. Control of your feelings, control around food, and far more control of that currently unhelpful, unruly Inner Critic of yours!
*Both LAYA Healthcare and Irish Life Health (certain eligible policies) will rebate part of the fee for this program.
Psychotherapist - Cork
READ MY BIO
Hi, I’m Louise George, originally from the North of England and living happily in Cork with my husband and our two daughters since 2007. My practice is based in Douglas, Co Cork.
My passion for working with people with food/weight and body image issues came from my own experience of having suffered from anorexia and bulimia as a teenager.
During my time in England I worked for 12 years as a Counsellor in various specialist Eating Disorders services across Merseyside. I also worked for several years as an in-house Counsellor in GP surgeries working with clients suffering from anxiety, depression, grief, and relationship issues.
Having settled in Cork, I qualified as a yoga teacher and have been teaching group classes, as well as individual yoga therapy sessions since 2010 from my own yoga studio in Douglas, Cork.
I believe that yoga is a very helpful tool for building a stronger and healthier connection between the mind and body, and I have found that yoga can also help many people with food, weight and/or body image issues increase their levels of body satisfaction and gradually reduce some of the symptoms they experience.
When I met Emma I was extremely impressed with her specialist knowledge and approach to addressing disordered eating. I had no hesitation in signing up to become an Eating Freely Therapist and returning to client work. This program is comprehensive, genuine and relatable to anyone struggling with body image or weight issues. I am thrilled to be part of the team and looking forward to bringing this program to clients in Cork who are struggling with emotional eating, binge eating or bulimia.
Psychotherapist - Cork
READ MY BIO
My name is Cecilia, I am a psychotherapist working in Cork. As well as private practice I work as an associate psychotherapist in UCC.
Before qualifying as a psychotherapist, I worked as a medical secretary and later as a secretary in a primary school. Working in a school and interacting with both parents and students, I know how epidemic struggles with food and poor body image is in younger girls and even boys today. Similarly in UCC so many of our students are impacted by social media and suffer with low self-esteem as a result.
When I came across the Eating Freely Program, I was excited, refreshingly it is not offered as a weight loss programme, or a new diet, it does not involve deprivation and punishment. On the contrary this is a programme designed to support and nourish those who undertake it to understand their relationship with food and through understanding to bring about change.
As a therapist I work from a humanistic perspective, I believe with the right support each of us can access the resilience and inner strength we have, but have lost sight of, to help us reach our goals.
Linn Thorstensson ,
Nutritional Therapist – Cork
READ MY BIO
Hi, I am Linn Thorstensson, a registered Nutritional Therapist based in Cork. I originally came to the world of nutrition from my own dieting and disordered eating.
Somehow, I thought that there has to be “a right way to eat” that would put an end to the struggles I was experiencing when it came to food, eating and my weight. I suppose I was also hoping that my digestive and fatigue issues would resolve once I found this magical way of eating.
What I did find as I studied nutrition and subsequently also went deeper into learning about eating behaviours and mindful eating was that there is no magical way of eating that will resolve all my struggles. But there IS a way to become attuned to what works for me and MY body and how to meet these needs with food - and beyond - from a place that is caring and compassionate. In order to get there, I had to not just learn to prepare and eat nourishing foods, but simultaneously let go of dieting and making peace with my body.
My own personal experience has informed my therapeutic work and I work from a non-diet, weight inclusive perspective, with a special focus on helping people heal their relationship with food and eating, through a mindful eating and self-compassionate approach.
I’m delighted to be part of the Eating Freely community as one of the Nutritional Therapists as I am so passionate about helping people make peace with food and to (re)learn how to nourish themselves in ways that are kind and caring, rather than restrictive and punishing. When we are well nourished and not obsessed with weight any longer we have so much more capacity to focus on the things we truly value in our lives. That is why I love doing this work.
I work with clients in person in Cork, and also work online.